Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

stevedodd
Regular Visitor

Enhanced API - Dataset Refresh - Subscription doesn't send!

Hi All,

I'm kicking off dataset refreshes using the Enhanced (asynchronous) API.

Enhanced refresh with Power BI REST API - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

URL:

Body:

{"type":"Full","commitMode":"transactional","retryCount":1,"applyRefreshPolicy":true,"notifyOption":"NoNotification"}

The dataset successfully refreshes:

stevedodd_0-1662628098712.png

And I have a subscription setup to send when dataset is refreshed:

stevedodd_1-1662628191103.png

The dataset has not been called by any other process that day - which hopefully rules out the 'Once per day' limitation being the issue.

No subscription email ever sends - but the dataset is definitely updating successfully. We get subscriptions from scheduled refreshes absolutely fine. When amending the body to just {"notifyOption":"NoNotification"} in order to utilise the standard (synchronous) API, the subscription sends successsfully as well!

What am I missing about the enhanced API? Are there any admin settings that need to be enabled? Can't see anything from MSFT documentation or questions around this.

All help appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stevedodd ,

According to the description in the following official documentation, notifyOption is not required and must be excluded from the request body for enhanced refresh.

Datasets - Refresh Dataset In Group

yingyinr_0-1662716940558.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your reply - I've tried without the notifyOption parameter but it does not solve the issue unfortunately.

It is a bit puzzling as to why it appears to be listed as a limitation - it doesn't stop the Enhanced refresh from running, so doesn't seem like a limitation at all! I am using a premium capacity (P1).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.