Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sudharshan1919
Helper III
Helper III

Embedding a Power BI App

Hi All,

First of all i have created 2 reports and deployed them, after deploying them i have created an App in Power BI. 

Now, my requirement is that we are developing an internal application, where all the power bi reports will be integrated in our application. I came to know that this can be with the help of Embed URL that is available for us after deploying the report. I have tried for one of my report and it is fine.

Now, I want to have the Power BI App that we have created into my Application, so i have taken the Embed URL of the Power BI App (In my power bi app i have selected 2-3 reports) and placed it in my Application that i am working. I ran my application and in the output i can only see 1 report instead of Power BI App. 
Do we have any solution to view our Power BI App in my Application, so that i can see all the reports that i have selected in the app there itself.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

1 Please check whether your report is hidden.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1663047924611.png

2 if the reports are not saved in the workspace wherer the app created. Please copy the report to this workspace. If you used embeded url, please use public website url or If you are using a url embedded in the secure portal, please assign the permissions to the organization members before embedding it in the app

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft 

I have my reports in that workspace only and when coming to the permissions, i have selected the permission setup to entire orginazation. No reports were Hidden.

On checking for the Embed URL i am getting the URL for each report, but not for the entire app.

The URL is in below format

"https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=*********&appId=********&autoAuth=true&ctid=*******"

Could you please help to get the Embed URL for Entire App.

Thanks

Hi @Sudharshan1919 ,

Power BI does not support embed the entire app url, only report supports embedding.

You can try to embed multiple reports in your own app and create a navigation bar to switch which report is displayed. similar to the power bi app.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-chenwuz-msft 

Thanks for the confirmation.

By any chance do we have solution for multiple power bi reports can be accessed under one tab only.

Like i will keep a button on report 1 and i will configure the button with web url of report 2, so that it can be opened under the same tab. When i tried to make this, it is opening in the new tab.

Any solution for this ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.