Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bhb252
Frequent Visitor

Embedded Reports Broken - Workspace Upgrade

We recently were forced to upgrade all of our workspaces from classic. After the upgrade we discovered that the few reports which were embedded into a custom .net application no longer work. I can switch back to classic and the embeded reports will work again.

-I get Bearer token, but receieve Unauthorized when calling a specific endpoint (GetReportInGroupAsync in this case)

- Gov (using API https://api.powerbigov.us/)

- My app registration has all the API Permissions we need. It works with Classic workspace so I don't believe the App Registration is the issue. 

- The service account has Admin permissions in the workspace.

- I am using an .net 4.5 (not Core) and using DLL Microsoft.PowerBI.Api (2.0.12). I'm unable to upgrade to the current version as it seems to require Core.

Any suggestions? It seems to be related directly to the upgraded workspaces.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bhb252 ,

What kind of embed are you using, app owns data or user owns data?

Here is an offical blog about how to troubleshoot your embedded application. I hope it could help you solve your problem.

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Rico,

Thanks for the response and the link. Everything on the link we checked previously and worked OK. Eventually we published our reports to a new workspace (not requiring upgrade) and it worked without any changes to the embedded applications, only referencing the new workspace. So my best guess is that it was related to something going on within the workspace upgrade.

Thanks,

Brian

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.