Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

td48260
Regular Visitor

Embedded Report for customer- Copy Visual as image

I have an embedded report in a website. I would like to be able to copy the current page as an image.

I have tried enabling  "Export reports as image files (Preview)" in the Admin portal Tenant settings, but the option does not appear.

I tried using the JavaScript library Html2Canvas, but it won't work because the report is in an Iframe.

I read the Power BI API documentation, but couldn't anything to do that.

Has anyone gotten this working for a report embedded in a website?

Thanks,

Tim

3 REPLIES 3
td48260
Regular Visitor

We do  not have an Embedded SKU on Gen2 yet, but we probably will once we move to production. The export method looks possible, but would take some effort to get working on a website. We have decided to use the Windows Snip tool instead. Thank for your reply.

Hi @td48260 ,

If you don't have Premium or Embedded capacity,You can only take screenshots or copy visual as workaround. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-copy-paste 

To use this API,please be aware that, both the report and the dataset of the report you are exporting, must reside on a Premium or Embedded capacity.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do you have an Embedded SKU on Gen2?  Then it should work with PNG images inside ZIP files.

Export Power BI embedded analytics reports API - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.