Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Raiser
Regular Visitor

Developer Visual is missing

Dear Power BI Community,

I want to create custom visualizations for Power BI and did everything according to following tutorial (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-custom-visuals-getting-started-with-develo...).

The problemCapture.PNG is that I don't find the "Developer Visual" in my Power BI Client. 

I already enabled the developer tools at my Power BI account.

I think that the problem is that I only have a 60 day trial account, can anyone confirm this?

Thank you for your help and clues.

Bye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MawashiKid
Resolver II
Resolver II

First after signing in with your Power BI Online account

https://app.powerbi.com/ 

you must check if the following Enable developer visual for testing checkbox is enabled...

Note that you won't find the following Custom Visual icon icon.png on Power BI Desktop but only on Power BI Online.

. Visualization.png

Reason is that icon [shown with the yellow arrow above] doesn't really refer to any "specific" custom visual you create but rather acts mainly as your online testing channel using pbiviz start command, so IOW it can refer to any custom visual you want to test online.

Once you're happy with testing you can then import the custom visual .pbiviz package you created through  
File> Import > Power BI Custom visual and it should then display the icon [found in your porject /assets directory]  on Visualization panel. Hope this helps 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MawashiKid
Resolver II
Resolver II

First after signing in with your Power BI Online account

https://app.powerbi.com/ 

you must check if the following Enable developer visual for testing checkbox is enabled...

Note that you won't find the following Custom Visual icon icon.png on Power BI Desktop but only on Power BI Online.

. Visualization.png

Reason is that icon [shown with the yellow arrow above] doesn't really refer to any "specific" custom visual you create but rather acts mainly as your online testing channel using pbiviz start command, so IOW it can refer to any custom visual you want to test online.

Once you're happy with testing you can then import the custom visual .pbiviz package you created through  
File> Import > Power BI Custom visual and it should then display the icon [found in your porject /assets directory]  on Visualization panel. Hope this helps 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.