Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

VijayRbn

Date Slicer 'Between' - Issue with Date Format when published.

Hello Folks,

I have been noticing an issue with Date Slicers(specifically Between, Before or After), are not showing the defined Date Format when published in the BI Service. It is only respecting the Browser language setting, if language selected in English (UK), I see UK format ie. DD/MM/YYYY and if English (US), I see US format ie, MM/DD/YYYY.
In my case, I want to enforce a format in the report, irrespective of browser setting. We have tried to do the same in our report, where it is working for all the visuals ie. tables, other date slicers types dropdown, or tiles. But facing issue with only Date Slicer (Between).

As you can see below screenshot, we tried showing different usuals for same date field.
Browser setting language set to English (UK) but forced the field in the repor to show the US Format of date, but only Before, After and Before Date slicers are not listening the enforcement of the date format. Any thoughts?

VijayRbn_3-1715609805781.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VijayRbn ,

Base on your description, it appears there is an issue with the date format display within the slicers. For clarity, it’s important to note that the date format display within Power BI Desktop is contingent upon your computer’s region  settings. 

vyiruanmsft_0-1715666718922.png

In order to gain a comprehensive understanding of your problem and make further troubleshooting, could you kindly provide the following information? Are the fields which applied on the slicers in the below screenshot from the same date field of one same table?vyiruanmsft_1-1715667306584.pngI can reproduce your problem. You can create a new calculated column as below and apply it on the between, before and after slicer.

DisplayDate = FORMAT([Date], "dd/mm/yyyy")​

In Power BI DesktopIn Power BI DesktopIn Power BI ServiceIn Power BI Service

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you @v-yiruan-msft  for your effort on this. To your question, yes this is all one field from one table.

But what I am trying in my report is, I want to see the dates irrespective of what is local settings. So I am selecting a date format which is US English Format (m/d/yyyy), which is should enforce local settings to what is defined in the report.
If I select the formats with * then the report should supposed to respect local setting/browser setting.

VijayRbn_0-1715679283735.png

In my case, even if I select the format (m/d/yyyy) as highlighted above, which is not enforcing the report to show US format, instead it respects broswer setting/local setting, which should not be the case.

So, can you please check if you set the date format for that date field to (m/d/yyyy) and check if the between slicer shows the US format as it should based on report setting or is it showing UK format based on your local settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.