Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

manojk_pbi
Helper III
Helper III

Data Extraction from web content

Hi,

I have a use case wherein i am extracting data from OData.Feed. This will return me few data fields using which i will have to construct a web link and extract few more data fields. 

In first instance it is working fine and i am connecting using Gateway. For the second part i am getting below error message as the web link is getting created dynamically.

This dataset includes a dynamic data source. Since dynamic data sources aren't refreshed in the Power BI service, this dataset won't be refreshed. Learn more: https://aka.ms/dynamic-data-sources.

• Data source for Query1

How can we make it work or is it not possible at all ? The same works fine from desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The workitem ID needs to go into the RelativePath parameter. 

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @manojk_pbi ,

Did the above suggestions help with your scenario? if that is the case, you can consider Kudo or Accept the helpful suggestions to help others who faced similar requirements.

If these also don't help, please share more detailed information and description to help us clarify your scenario to test.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to try and present a static base URL to the Power BI service.  Show a sanitized version of the Power Query code.

I am using below line, url is field name from the table having the web link to workitem

url looks like https://tfs.org.com//tfs/ProjectName/Collection/_apis/wit/workitems/256879

Table.AddColumn(#"Added Custom", "VSTS", each Json.Document(Web.Contents([url])))

The workitem ID needs to go into the RelativePath parameter. 

Web.Contents - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Learn

I didn't get you, pls could you elaborate. Is not possible to pass dynamic query or is there any work around solution for it 

manojk_pbi
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @lbendlin , looking for your suggestion

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.