Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ferryv
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Color issue - custom visual barChart

I copied the source from the github repo and used pbiviz package to  package the file and import the visual in powerbi desktop with the aim to see if it all works.

owever, when opening the Data Colors tab, only the color on the last column can be updated. Has anyone seen this before or reported this? 

ferryv_0-1704728929065.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks. Was trying to get the barChart github files to work properly to understand what happened.

Managed to resolve it by:

- rerunning: npm i -g powerbi-visuals-tools@latest and npm i d3@latest --save to get the latest libraries

- setting up a new project using pbiviz new barChart

- copying the files from the github repo (https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart) in the new barChart folder (incl replacing existing ones)

- change the version in pbiviz.json from  "version": "4.0.0" to  "version": "4.0.0.0" as an error occurred (version should be in 4 parts) with the latest libraries

- installed Microsoft Power BI visuals TooltipUtils (as this was missing) via npm i powerbi-visuals-utils-tooltiputils

When packaging the file via pbiviz package and importing it in PowerBI Desktop, it worked fine.

ferryv_0-1705068647542.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @ferryv,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your problem. Based on your description, it seems that you are encountering a problem where only the last column's color can be updated in the Data Colors tab for a custom visual that you imported from a GitHub repository. You can refer the following official documentation to build a bar chart.

Build a bar chart visual in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

In addition, you can refer the following link to debug the problem to make troubleshooting.

How to debug Power BI custom visuals - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. Was trying to get the barChart github files to work properly to understand what happened.

Managed to resolve it by:

- rerunning: npm i -g powerbi-visuals-tools@latest and npm i d3@latest --save to get the latest libraries

- setting up a new project using pbiviz new barChart

- copying the files from the github repo (https://github.com/microsoft/PowerBI-visuals-sampleBarChart) in the new barChart folder (incl replacing existing ones)

- change the version in pbiviz.json from  "version": "4.0.0" to  "version": "4.0.0.0" as an error occurred (version should be in 4 parts) with the latest libraries

- installed Microsoft Power BI visuals TooltipUtils (as this was missing) via npm i powerbi-visuals-utils-tooltiputils

When packaging the file via pbiviz package and importing it in PowerBI Desktop, it worked fine.

ferryv_0-1705068647542.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.