Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoaoMatos

Creating PBI dashboards from GA4/BigQuery Data - What is the process

Hello there!
Where can I learn or have some lights on how to deal (import, treat, transform,...) with GA4/Bigquery (data and schema), I guess...doing the necessary ETL to create organized data so I can visualize them in PowerBI? The company where I work uses all (or at least almost all) Microsoft Cloud Tools. So they want to start creating GA4 dashboards in PowerBI instead in Looker Studio, which is is much more easy, because it is all on the same ecosystem.
So summingup: What do we have to do (and how to learn) to create PBI dashboards based on data that comes from GA4/BigQuery. We do not want to use the GA4 PBI connector.
Please let me know if I made myself clear 🙂
Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
JoaoMatos

Hi Liu!

I guess I miss some details :).
1 - Company works with Microsoft suit
2 - BigQuery is used because they implemented GA4 and need raw data to create PBI dashboards
3 - They already had a partner who created some PBI dashboards and I attach a measure architecture image
4 - What I need to know is to learn this process (or a better/simpler one), because I no idea how they created that dashboards but I co-in charge of doing some more 😞

With this information, I hope to be more specific and clarified some points. I am sorry, but this is a new (but hot) topic for me. 

Thank you!TechSEOPro.png

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @JoaoMatos ,

In general, if you are using a database that has a specific connector in Power bi, it is recommended to use the specific connector because it was created specifically for the database, for example, Power BI Desktop supports the Google BigQuery connector

Google BigQuery connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

If you want to use another way to connect to get data, you can consider using ODBC plugin as a bridge to connect, please refer to this document to use PBI to connect to ODBC connector.

Power Query ODBC connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

How to Connect to an ODBC Data Source From Power B... - Microsoft Fabric Community

This is the related document, you can view this content:

blog.coupler.io

Solved: How to query Google Analytics 4 data via BigQuery ... - Microsoft Fabric Community

https://zebrabi.com/guide/how-to-integrate-google-bigquery-into-power-bi/

Create a Power BI dashboard from a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.