Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NSuglani
Frequent Visitor

Colour Picker

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place to ask my question but here goes.

Can future versions include an actual colour picker, where you have access to an option where you can activate the colour picker, then point it to any object on either of your screens to grab the colour?

I use this a lot in Tableau and it is super useful in grabbing a specific colour of interest.

3 REPLIES 3
NSuglani
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but can we get one built into Desktop like we see in Tableau? Using Power Toys means having to open that and uses more clicks. We should be able to, by default, go into colour in PBI and have a colour picker available straight away to grab colours from another screen or wherever. Makes life so much more simple for us developers.

NSuglani
Frequent Visitor

Hi, thanks for the reply. Where do I find Power Toys? Is it a plug in for Power BI?

samratmalikesri

Use power toys which is available in your microsoft plan as well as your computer. Within That use Color picker. Once you turn that on, you can scroll anywhere on your screen and pick up the hex code and enter into your visual to get custom coloring. It really works 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.