Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

delucia_chris

Can't Connect to Power BI via PowerShell Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount

Hi,

Up until recenently I was connecting to PowerBI via PowerShell and downloading the PowerBI Activity Logs. Today when I tried to connect using Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount, I recieved the following message:

delucia_chris_0-1613590951662.png

Any help getting this working would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Chris

3 REPLIES 3
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @delucia_chris ,

It seems that the others in the community face the same problem with you, but it is working now. Could you please check whether the problem still persist in your side?

(PowerShell) Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount not working

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft,

I just tested this morning and the "Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount" command was successful.  Since I haven't changed anything since l started experiencing the issue last week, I assume the issue described in the 2018 post that you referenced with your link is not relevant to the issue represented by this post.  The engineer side of me is of course curious what caused...and corrected...the issue but at least I am grateful it is working agian.

Thank you for the follow-up,

Steve

steve_talsma

Hi Chris,

I likewise started experiencing this same error yesterday (2021-02-17) in my Powershell script when executing the "Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount" command.  The script has been working fine as early as last Friday.  Still no closer to a resolution after hours of troubleshooting.  Please reply with any recent findings from your side that you think might be of interest.

Best regards,

Steve

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.