Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

zDate Selectedvalue to display a month year in a label (header)

I'm trying to create a measure (label) that will display an header ex: Summary of Results - April 2020
I'm using this dax formula but the date  is not appearing and it is looking like this.. Summary of Results -
To give some contexts, the date is stored in a column Transaction Results Period

Transaction Results Period
January 2020
February 2020
March 2020
April 2020
June 2020

Here is the measure I'm using..

Label =
VAR zDate = SELECTEDVALUE('Transaction Results Period'[Results Period])

RETURN
"Summary of Results - " & FORMAT(zDate, "mmm yyyy")

What am I doing wrong? I've tried so many variations such as using _selectedYear instead of zDate and getting the same results ... the date is missing.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , is "Results Period" is a date, if not this will not work as the format of date has been used.

Also if its date try

Label =
VAR zDate = max('Transaction Results Period'[Results Period])

RETURN

View solution in original post

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I just tried your measure, it works well. Could you please provide the related screen shot about the data and visual/slicer setting in Power BI Desktop? Which data type the field Results Period is?

label.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I just tried your measure, it works well. Could you please provide the related screen shot about the data and visual/slicer setting in Power BI Desktop? Which data type the field Results Period is?

label.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , is "Results Period" is a date, if not this will not work as the format of date has been used.

Also if its date try

Label =
VAR zDate = max('Transaction Results Period'[Results Period])

RETURN

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak- confirming that your solution worked once as I created the Results Period in a DIM. It was previously in a big table which I had imported. That's the only change that I made so that your solution reflects the current month. My query still does not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak,your suggestion worked perfectly.

I still don't understand why what I was using wouldn't work. As shown in the screenshots, the Result Period is in a date format, as shown in the following screenshot.

I will use your suggested solution above as it works. Thank you so much for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.