Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

jonnyA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

when exporting to excel and choosing "Summarized Data" i get error: "File couldn't be created"

When I export to a table to Excel and choose "Summarized Data" I am getting error that says "File couldn't be created" ... then the reason says "Executing the Query for the Export Data operation resulted in an error."

jonnyA_0-1677177748181.png

If I choose "Data with current layout" then it works.

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Have your Power BI/Fabric Tenant Admin go into the Admin Portal and enable this feature:

ToddChitt_0-1712927633551.png

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello,

yes i do!

this error only happens when i export data as summarized from xlsx. I can export it with CSV and i can export with the same layout with all formats. So it only fails while im trying to export from xlsx as summarized for some reason!

Kellef
Helper I
Helper I

Is this solved yet? Same problem!

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Nice day! I have an error when exporting records from a table in BI to excel, some records only bring information from the first three columns, but in the Bi table the complete information appears. That is why, as I can suggest. I thank you

jonnyA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@ToddChitt 

• I'm using a table
  • Lestthan 100 rows
  • Less than 10 columns
  • From 1 table
  • 1 dataset
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

No, not the STEPS you are taking to get the error. I want to know about the data itself. How many columns and rows? Is it form ONE table, or several JOINED tables? What visual style are you working with? How is it configured?

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Not much to go on, here. Can you give us a glimpse of the data you are trying to export?

jonnyA
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@ToddChitt 

I have my table in Power BI, and when I click on the 3 dots that are located on top right of a table, i do the following ...

1. Export Data

2. Click "Summarized Data", then Export

3. Then i get an error stating  "File couldn't be created" ... then the reason says "Executing the Query for the Export Data operation resulted in an error."

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.