Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

week + month in x-axis shown without doubles

Hello,

I have a graph (see below) with the weeks + the month and the amount of files for each of these weeks. I used for the x-axis the month + the week (which is calculated manually and added) and used the "expend next level" to get the desired results. In the settings of the x-axis I further put "concatenate labels" on "off" in order to show this data. However as can be seen in the figure, I have certains weeks that are partly covering 1 month (e.g. march) and partly another one (e.g. april). In this case, it is shown 2 times as a barplot. This is undesired for me. I just want to have one barplot per week, not multiples if there are multiples months in this week.

Someone an idea how to solve this problem?

Eva_g_0-1631013556770.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can add a column with either the start of the week or the end of the week (with DAX or M), take the weeknumber of that, and use that column instead in your visual.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the quick help, guys! 😊

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can add a column with either the start of the week or the end of the week (with DAX or M), take the weeknumber of that, and use that column instead in your visual.

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , In such a case, create month year on stat of week or end of the week and use that

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.