Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JasperKW
Frequent Visitor

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error

Hi,

I am trying to run a staging query from Google Analytics but I am coming up against the following error (edited from trace): 

Message: The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server

I thought I might be trying to query too much data so i reduced it by adding a filter step on the date range but to no avail. Any idea what might be causing the issue? It is strange because the preview from the query is working fine!

Many thanks,

Jasper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JasperKW
Frequent Visitor

Many thanks for your response. My concern about the amount of data queried appeared to be the issue.

I fixed it by adding a filter to the date column (which appears stepwise directly after the 'Added Items' step in PowerQuery). Interestingly PowerBI interprets this as part of the initial API request, which means you're far less likely to be timed out for any reason. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JasperKW
Frequent Visitor

Many thanks for your response. My concern about the amount of data queried appeared to be the issue.

I fixed it by adding a filter to the date column (which appears stepwise directly after the 'Added Items' step in PowerQuery). Interestingly PowerBI interprets this as part of the initial API request, which means you're far less likely to be timed out for any reason. 

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @JasperKW 

I'm not very clear about your question. Can you provide more details or some screenshots about query? so we can help you.

Here is a similar case:

Solved: Failed to save modifications to the server. Error ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.