Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tstad9i

visualizations not updating after data refresh

hello all,

my visualizations do not reflect changes in source data which is a direct query of view in an Oracle database.  the only thing that changes in the data is the content.  the data types are the same before and after the refresh.  in the power query editor, 'include in report refresh' is check-marked'.  

if I leave the original 3M rows in the source and insert another 3M new rows, the visualizations dislay a total of 3M rows (the originals ones only) from a view that has 6M records.  if I truncate the original 3M and insert only 3M new rows, some visualizations work as expected, others go grey and the tables/matrices go blank.  

anyone have any ideas as to why all visualizations aren't reflecting the new data?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amtichandak,

thanks for the reply.  you're right, there was 1 filter being applied to all pages that was causing expected data to get filtered out before reaching the visuals.  an upstream source that was populating the source table had a very slight change ( 'ab-cd' expected but replaced with 'ab- cd').  strip out the space and life is good again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tstad9i , check if there filter added in the power query step. Or are you using SQL query, that is limiting the data

Also check page level and report level filter.

The max result set direct query can give you is 10M rows, so should work

@amtichandak,

thanks for the reply.  you're right, there was 1 filter being applied to all pages that was causing expected data to get filtered out before reaching the visuals.  an upstream source that was populating the source table had a very slight change ( 'ab-cd' expected but replaced with 'ab- cd').  strip out the space and life is good again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.