Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chenghee3

visual to affect the rest of the visuals on a page e.g., top 5 procedures over 10 customers

Hey every! I was wondering if anyone knows how to get a visual to "affect" the rest of the visuals on a page. For example, if I have top N...lets say 5 procedures to solve a problem, and I get a visual showing that...how can I apply that "top 5 procedures " over a top 10 customers when the visuals do not let you do more than 1 top of N? I guess my question could be answered with "Is this something that should be done in PowerBI" or in the data massaging/gathering stage in power query and prior to making vizualizations?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@chenghee3 

Depending on how your data model is set up the relationships should filter correctly between visuals. Under view, there are edit interactions that control which visuals affect each other. Sounds like you need to use DAX measures to return the top 5 procedures for the top 10 customers though. Rankx would be the key to this.
https://dax.guide/rankx/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ray_ux
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@chenghee3 

Depending on how your data model is set up the relationships should filter correctly between visuals. Under view, there are edit interactions that control which visuals affect each other. Sounds like you need to use DAX measures to return the top 5 procedures for the top 10 customers though. Rankx would be the key to this.
https://dax.guide/rankx/

Cheers, i will look into it. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.