Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

francoisl
Helper I
Helper I

two fold issue. Filled map and canadian postal code

Hi all, 

I have two problems.  

The first one is that filled map in Power BI uses only the 3 first digits of the canadian postal code.  This is what they call the Forwarding Sortation Area.   How can I get all individual postal code to be mapped in Power BI. Do I have to buy some sort of file to load them ?

My second issue is that I want two layers.

1) First layer would be individual postal code mapped and the second layer individual point as addresses.   Can I achieve that either by the filled map or the Arcgis map??

Many thanks

Francois

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @francoisl,

I do not so recommend you to use abbreviation addresses or postcodes to mapping locations. They may affect the accuracy of visual analysis or locate to the wrong places. (I don't think map visuals can recognize these custom address)

Please take a look at the following document 'underline dataset' part to know more about design map visuals.

Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-datase... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Definitely not the Filled map. But you can use the Shape Map visual (enable it as a preview feature) and bring your own topoJSON file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.