Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MegaCleanCab

trying to create a bar chart which includes counts of item as well as all item count

We have a single table and I need to create a monthly chart which shows.  Total items opened vs Active vs closed.  I cannot do the count of the "total items opened" in the chart filter and still get the other status e.g. open vs closed.  I am thinking I need a calculated column but I am new at this and am having troubles.  Thanks

open.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MegaCleanCab,

Suppose source table is like below:

1.PNG

Then, you can create three measures similar to:

all items count = SUM('Monthly data'[Sales])

active items count = CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly data'[Sales]),FILTER('Monthly data','Monthly data'[Type]="Active"))

closed items count = CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly data'[Sales]),FILTER('Monthly data','Monthly data'[Type]="Closed"))

2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MegaCleanCab,

Suppose source table is like below:

1.PNG

Then, you can create three measures similar to:

all items count = SUM('Monthly data'[Sales])

active items count = CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly data'[Sales]),FILTER('Monthly data','Monthly data'[Type]="Active"))

closed items count = CALCULATE(SUM('Monthly data'[Sales]),FILTER('Monthly data','Monthly data'[Type]="Closed"))

2.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share your source data.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

I cannot share the actual data as its confidential.  The source is vsts.  thanks

I took some time and purged the data.  I left some of the columns from the table and changed the values.  Let me know if it works.  Also how do I upload?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.