Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

tab order get's messed up

Hi I need a proper tab order (Creating accessible reports in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn) for accessibility reasons. I defined it as shown in the documentation, but everytime I publish the dashboard the order is still messed up and not in order as displayed here:

askBI_0-1670442980687.png

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-yalanwu-msft ,

thanks for the answer. So the screenshot above is my desired tab order which I configured manually as described in the link you sent (Tab Order Enhances Power BI Report Accessibility – Data Savvy).

Although, when I publish the report the actual tab order is like this:

actual tab orderconfigured tab order
1. Appbar1. Appbar
2.  PrimaryButton2. SecondaryButton
3. TertiaryButton3. TextBox
4. SecondaryButton4. PrimarySlicer

5. DataView

5. HelpBox

Best Regards

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

Can you share a screenshot about the sequential screenshot of the dashboard after publishing it for comparison. Depending on the pictures you provide, the order is normal.

Tab Order Enhances Power BI Report Accessibility – Data Savvy

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Wondering if you ever sorted this problem, I am in the same situation of trying to create an accessible report and tab order changes when I publish

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Power_burgo, no unfortunately not. The only workaround I used, is to group the elements properly, so even if the order get's messed up it's only within the respective hierarchy and therefore in smaller areas of the UI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.