Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

gilmore_staci
Helper I
Helper I

substatus from case history in salesforce for timeline

we do field tracking on our substatus case field in salesforce.  I'm being asked for a timeline per case but show the jumps back and forth between substatuses.   Is there a way to accomplish this with the Case History object?  Currently all I have is accumulative, see pic, that we keep track of within the case object

gilmore_staci_0-1714682058667.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @gilmore_staci 

Thanks for the reply from @parry2k , please allow me to provide another insight:

Use the Power BI Salesforce connector to import case and case history data into Power BI. For detailed steps to connect Power BI to Salesforce, see the official documentation here:

Connect to Salesforce with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Once the data is in Power BI, it needs to be modeled to ensure that transitions between substates can be effectively tracked. This might involve creating a new table to summarize transitions or calculate the duration between state changes.

Use Power BI's visualization tools to create a timeline that shows child state transitions. You may find the Gantt chart visual or similar custom visuals in the Power BI visual marketplace particularly useful for this purpose.

To provide more context in each transition, consider using tooltips in your visuals.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @gilmore_staci 

Thanks for the reply from @parry2k , please allow me to provide another insight:

Use the Power BI Salesforce connector to import case and case history data into Power BI. For detailed steps to connect Power BI to Salesforce, see the official documentation here:

Connect to Salesforce with Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Once the data is in Power BI, it needs to be modeled to ensure that transitions between substates can be effectively tracked. This might involve creating a new table to summarize transitions or calculate the duration between state changes.

Use Power BI's visualization tools to create a timeline that shows child state transitions. You may find the Gantt chart visual or similar custom visuals in the Power BI visual marketplace particularly useful for this purpose.

To provide more context in each transition, consider using tooltips in your visuals.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

gilmore_staci
Helper I
Helper I

@parry2k I could probably do this in excel with some manipulation.  i have date/times for when each substatus changes, but repeatedly doing this in excel would be time consuming.  

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@gilmore_staci the question I would ask is, can you do this manually, keep Power BI aside for a second? do you have sufficient data for it? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.