Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ktdicarlo

show only the latest survey response

I need to run a report on members who have completed a survey but it must only include the member's latest response to the survey. Members have filled out the survey multiple times but I need to bring in only the answers from their most recent response.

In the example below. Member William Ross has answered the survey on both 12/03/2021 and 05/31/2022. I only need his most recent response of 05/31/2022 and need to hide any of his earlier responses.

ktdicarlo_0-1669835180328.png

This report should only show the latest "Assessment Date" based on the "Member ID"

I have tried creating a DAX function using variables but have not been successful. Please assist

Assessment Date Latest =
VAR LatestDate =
    CALCULATE ( MAX ( 'MHK_ACTL_Assessments'[Assessment Date] ), ALL ( 'MHK_ACTL_Program'[Member ID] ) )
RETURN
    IF ( MIN ( 'MHK_ACTL_Assessments'[Assessment Date] ) = LatestDate, 1, 0 )

This does not work.
2 REPLIES 2
Mikelytics
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @ktdicarlo, Did you use a measure or calculated column?

The following measure should give you the date of the latest response. 

Assessment Date Latest =

VAR CurrentUser = SELECTEDVALUE('MHK_ACTL_Program'[Member ID])

VAR LatestDateOfUser =
    CALCULATE ( 
         MAX ( 'MHK_ACTL_Assessments'[Assessment Date] ), 
         'MHK_ACTL_Program'[Member ID] = CurrentUser 
    )

RETURN
    LatestDateOfUser

Further steps depend on how you want to use it. How did you intend to use the measure you already created?

Best regards

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Appreciate your thumbs up!

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread.

-----------------------------------------------------

LinkedIn

------------------------------------------------------------------
Visit my blog datenhungrig which I recently started with content about business intelligence and Power BI in German and English or follow me on LinkedIn!

Hi I am trying to use a measure. I tried your measure but it caused the below issue with my dataset. I am trying to clean the dataset to eliminate unnessary data but have had no luck.

ktdicarlo_0-1670344870683.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.