Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alisonpappas
Helper III
Helper III

relationship trouble: data not being able to be filtered correct

Hi All,

I am having problems with my relationships since you cannot have too many active/make them both. The "plan total" and "activity total" have the data. The "plan products" and "activity prodcucts" have the products and "plan geo" and "activity geo" have the geography broken down. As you can see there are multiple ways that each can be broken down, they are a little different but also the same, so  created "Products full match" and "geography full match" to combine both plan and activites seperate sheets together. THat then causes the problem of "duplicates" so i still need to first connect to their own sheets and then I can go onto the next relationship. I am unable to get the relationships to work so I am able to filter the "Plan Total"and "Plan Acitivty" by "Products Full Match" and "Geography Full match" as well as matching with the "Date" colum. 

If anyone knows how to fix this so I do not keep getting repeating numbers and am able to filter these correctly. Not sure how the relatinships could go?

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@alisonpappas there is a lot more going on in your model, yes you cannot have two active relationships with one table.  It is ok to have an inactive relationship, you can have only one active relationship between tables, to use inactive relationship in your measure, use userelationship function to make inactive relationship active.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi @parry2k ,

When I use the "userelationship" i am unable to filter still. it also gives me the same output. I am wondering if there is a way to condense? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.