Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

breben
Employee
Employee

"no results found" when using search in a slicer but values exist

In my slicer visual I get "no results found" when using the search field but the values definitely exist, I can scroll down to them.  This works as expected in the Power BI Desktop app but doesn't work when published to Power BI Cloud. Input welcome.

1 REPLY 1
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @breben ,

Slicers are powerful tools for interactive data filtering in Power BI, but they may not work as expected due to a variety of issues, including missing or incorrect data, data model relationships, slicer interaction settings, filter type settings, Filter context, cross filter behavior, slicer visual level filter, and data type mismatch.

To troubleshoot and resolve slicer issues in Power BI, you must systematically review and resolve these common causes. For more details, please refer to the link: Power Bi: Why Is My Slicer Not Working? (quicklylearnpowerbi.com).

Also, please check if you have accidentally entered a space before or after the input text. The space value will affect the search results. For example, in the example below, after I entered two spaces before "man", the search results were empty.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715758617124.png

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715758617126.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.