cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

"This table is empty" - Shows Headers but No Rows

I am importing data via a DB2 SQL Query, its a quite large dataset 7-10 million rows. When querying my SQL statement in another software I receive rows. However when I try to import into Power BI, I am returned with an empty table.

I've only experienced this issue with large datasets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: "This table is empty" - Shows Headers but No Rows

Hi @Jaf017,

While the loaded table from DB2 shows empty in desktop, click the refresh button to see if it works. Besides, you could break the SQL Query into two, so that you load the large dataset 7-10 million rows with two steps, then, you could append the two queries in desktop.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jaf017,

While the loaded table from DB2 shows empty in desktop, click the refresh button to see if it works. Besides, you could break the SQL Query into two, so that you load the large dataset 7-10 million rows with two steps, then, you could append the two queries in desktop.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I've tried refreshing the data, but it still didn't populate. Breaking the query in two is a great idea. I will try it out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 2 Power BI Super Users!

Find out who's part of the program this season, and welcome the new Super Users.

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

July 2020 Community Highlights

July 2020 Community Highlights

Learn about the exciting things that happened in July.

Featured Data Story of The Month

Featured Data Story of The Month

All Data Stories Gallery contributions are reviewed for each month. We select a contribution and feature the community member the following month.

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Power BI Dev Camp - Developing with .NET Core

Learn how to develop custom web applications for Power BI using .NET Core 3.1 and .NET 5.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors