Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Garvit08
Frequent Visitor

"Key not valid for use in specified state" error when installing On-premises gateway(personal-mode)

I had my gateway running smoothly, but after updating my Windows 10, now when I try to sign in Gateway it shows "Key not valid for use in specified state". I have tried different options available on the forum like :

1. Uninstalling and installing the latest version.

2. Rebooting the system after uninstalling and then installing again.

3. Removing Temp files

4. Deleting keys from Registry

I am still facing this problem, how can I solve this issue, earlier when I installed the gateway it was so easy process but now it is making me go crazy.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Garvit08
Frequent Visitor

I got it resolved using the suggestion of removing the RSA folder from path "C: \ Users \" NAME USER "\ AppData \ Roaming \ Microsoft \ Crypto" given in this https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/ERROR-installing-On-premises-data-gateway-personal-mode/idi-....

Just came here to say thank you!! After 3 hours with the company's IT department, your post solved it in 2 minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks very much it worked for me, very happy

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.