Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mehupbi
Frequent Visitor

provide prompt window & user need to select(click) option.Based on selection show respective visual

I have to show a pop up kind of window when user visits my dashboard. Where message will be, "Please select any one option below. Options: 1. I want to compare two scenarios 2. I want to compare more than two scenarios."

If user selects option 1. Then dashboard where only two scenarios one by one will be shown and use can select max 2 scenarios.

mehupbi_0-1716147059817.png

If user selects option 2. Then dashboard where more than two  one by one will be shown and use can select more than 2 scenarios.

mehupbi_1-1716147081380.png

Again user wants to go back to go to prompt message where user can select options, we need to keep option to go back.

Below is my PBIX file.  I have added sample data and added two pages. But, i dont know only one page is enough to achieve this result or not.

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/ldsokSOs#link

Please help me should i use two pages to navigate or same page use grouping and bookmarking. Am not getting feasible solution. Please show me how to achieve my requirement.

Please use my pbix file and add prompt window and revrt back to sam eprompt window e.t.c. Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @mehupbi ,

here you will find your adapted pbix: https://tommartens-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/tom_minceddata_com/EYinyMVTdy9GoXqAmGk9e-kBSme4K...

I added a Menu page where I added the page navigation (see the link from my initial answer).

Follow: Insert --> Buttons
image.png
I hid the existing two pages

I added a back button two each of these pages,

I renamed the existing two pages, this will provide guidance to the users.

image.png

To hide a page, use the context menu. A hidden page will be visible in Power BI Desktop, but does not appear in the page tabs of the app, but still can be used by report navigation options like buttons, and drill through

image.png

Hopefully, this will help to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @mehupbi ,

basically, this is not possible.

But you can create a 3rd page and call it "Main page". This page is leveraging the page navigator button: Create page and bookmark navigators - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Then you can navigate to the pages accordingly, if you hide your existing pages then your users will be guided as they can not "enter" your pages directly.

Hopefully, this provides an idea of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom 

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks Tom, But am new to this in powerBI. Can you please share PBIX file by adding the required thing to understand better 

Hey @mehupbi ,

please share your pbix via one of the following file shares, OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Hi Tom, 

Here is my pbix file

visaul.pbix

Hey @mehupbi ,

here you will find your adapted pbix: https://tommartens-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/tom_minceddata_com/EYinyMVTdy9GoXqAmGk9e-kBSme4K...

I added a Menu page where I added the page navigation (see the link from my initial answer).

Follow: Insert --> Buttons
image.png
I hid the existing two pages

I added a back button two each of these pages,

I renamed the existing two pages, this will provide guidance to the users.

image.png

To hide a page, use the context menu. A hidden page will be visible in Power BI Desktop, but does not appear in the page tabs of the app, but still can be used by report navigation options like buttons, and drill through

image.png

Hopefully, this will help to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you so much @TomMartens . I have small question, Can i restric user to select only 2 scenarios? in slicer i can show all scenarios but i want to restrict user to select only 2. Is that possible?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.