Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RsimonAlign
Helper I
Helper I

opening power bi desktop

Hi ,

What's WRONG ?

When i tryed to open power bi desktop i get the error message :

Something went wrong A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RsimonAlign , if the pbix is made on the database connection, it is not able to connect to that. If the file is opening. Go to data transformation/ edit query mode. You should see detailed error

View solution in original post

@RsimonAlign 

Now the same post will be popped up in two different languages English and Spanish and you need to visit the English one

I Said" I have just reinstalled powerbi desktop"

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RsimonAlign
Helper I
Helper I

Hi ,

can you please write in english ?

@RsimonAlign 

Now the same post will be popped up in two different languages English and Spanish and you need to visit the English one

I Said" I have just reinstalled powerbi desktop"

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

@RsimonAlign 

Thanks ! Please share your Kudoes as well by pressing 👍Button next to my comments!

i tried to install version jan 2020 but mu pbix is developed with new version so i can't open it.

when i install the new version i can't open the power bi

Hi @RsimonAlign ,

So you mean when you open the .pbix file generated by the latest version with Jan 2020 version of PBI Desktop, an error will be reported?

This situation is possible.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RsimonAlign , if the pbix is made on the database connection, it is not able to connect to that. If the file is opening. Go to data transformation/ edit query mode. You should see detailed error

Hi ,

I get this error heven i open just the application (Power bi Desktop).

RsimonAlign_0-1600703816259.png

@RsimonAlign 

I got this some time back. I have just reinstalled Power BI

i tried to reinstalled but it still not working ...

I can't open it

hi @RsimonAlign - Just for my understanding - the report file that you are trying to open, what kind of connection does it have - Direct Query or Import? Thanks! 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

import.

but the problem is that when i install the last version of power bi i can't even open the application not a pbix file

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.