Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Denismc
Helper II
Helper II

one Filter date - balance to return figures from date choose and charts to show 1 yr ago up to date

Hi,

Is is possible to have 1 filter date drop down to select balance in cards visual latest balance from date choosen and charts to show 1 yr ago up to date for trending?

I can't figure it out, any ideas.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Denismc , You can use time intelligence and date table and have the To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :
https://radacad.com/creating-calendar-table-in-power-bi-using-dax-functions
https://www.archerpoint.com/blog/Posts/creating-date-table-power-bi
https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

See if my webinar on Time Intelligence can help: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/PowerBI-Time-Intelligence-Calendar-WTD-Y...

Appreciate your Kudos.current and prior measure

Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
This Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))

Last YTD complete Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. Not what I'm looking for. 

I have one date slicer linked to get figures on 31st May 2020

then a second slicer between date filter for 1st june 2019 to 31st May 2020 to filter the charts. 

I'd like one filter for flitering all visuals. 

Is that possible. 

Thanks

Denis

are these both from the same data column? or are they from the same table or separate tables?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Same column and I only have 1 table

thanks

ok i am little confused then, firstly what is your objective with the data, what are you trying to do with 2 filters specifically, why do you need to filter on 2 separate filters, why can't you just filter from may - june with a range?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi,

Hope this makes sense. 

I have a table for example below, I want to show in a card with the month end closing balance e.g. May 29,535 and then a chart showing the trend for each month. This is a simple example, but I have 23 pages of a report using this logic. 

Date                                          Closing Balance

31/01/2020                                 4,356

29/02/2020                                10,565

31/03/2020                                15,856

30/04/2020                                 21,235

31/05/2020                                29,535

15/06/2020                                 33,252

Hi @Denismc ,

You coould use a relative date slicer to filter. Then click it and select the no impact icon for the chart which shows one year trend.

3.PNG

Reference:

Creating a relative date slicer and filter in Power BI 

Change how visuals interact in a Power BI report 

Use the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop 

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the replies, but this is a 23 page, I wnat to make it easy as possible. 

I created a column with the following, but instead of max(ExtractPortfolio[EffectiveDate]), I want to use a selectedvalue, which you can only use in a measue (I believe), so i can use a dropdown to select 1 month end date and the charts can use the formula for which dates to trend the data back to in the past. 

12 Month Chart Filter =
var maxdate = max(ExtractPortfolio[EffectiveDate])
return
IF(DATEDIFF(ExtractPortfolio[EffectiveDate], maxdate, MONTH) IN GENERATESERIES(1,12,1),1,0)

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.