Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RandomText
Helper II
Helper II

3 questions: how to hide visual filters, app access configuration and sum on stacked bar tooltip

Hi,

I have 3 last problems to solve to finish my reports.

1. We're using Filter on all pages for users to use, but some of them by mistake filter data on "Filters on this Visual" and get wrong data on other visuals, because they are not filtered.

Is there a way to hide those? If we use eye on top it hides all filter bar. We can achieve this by hiding every single filter manually, but maybe there's a way to do it a bit easier?

2. We're using single app with all reports (8 reports) and they all show on the left side and everything is fine. But for some users we want to show only X reports and forbid others. Is there a way on a single app to make permissions to get that result? Or we need to use seperate apps for every "security group" ? If that's the only way, how to use same reports and datasets? Because now what I found that I need to publish reports again to a new app. And if I make changes in report I need to republish for every app online?

3. I have stacked bar visual and it shows sum for categories. On line it shows total sum of all categories. But I want to place total sum in a tool tip. If I do it now tooltip will say what amount there is based on which category I hover. I want to gover on any of the category and see total sum in tooltip. Is it possible?

I want tooltip (marked in yellow) to show total 0.28M in this case.

PBIDesktop_XloZB6ptCV.png

7 REPLIES 7
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@RandomText for #1 - you can page and report level filters by clicking on the empty area of the page and click eye ball and to hide filter visual level filter, you have to select each visual and click hide on top (not each filter) it will hide full visual level filter pane, or you can turn off report wide filter access by going to options -> reporting settings 

image.png

on #2, you cannot create an app section by use, it is all of nothing. only you can apply Row Level Security, what row of data a user can see but you cannot hide a page. Although here is one post and test if that works

#3, Yes can be done with a measure.

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

1. How? If I select visual and press eye on the top it hides all of the filter pane. Same goes when I press on blank space. I need filters on all pages to be visible.

3. What measure that should be? I have measure to sum balance, but don't really know how to force it not to split for categories.

@RandomText I'm not clear on #1, what is missing? You can hide the page level or visual level filter? If you don't want to show visual level filter, you have to select individual visual and hide it but it will still show page and report level filter. if this is not what you are looking for then you need to explain it further what you are trying to achieve.

Here is the measure, change table, and column name as per your model.

Total Tooltip = 
CALCULATE ( [Your Measure], ALLSELECTED ( Table[Legend Column] ) ) 

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop shop for Power BI related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

I have this filter pane and I want to hide only visual filters, I want "filter on all pages" to be there. If I press that eye on top whole pane is hidden.

To hide only visual filters I need to press every eye icon on visual filters. In this example InvoiceNo and TransactionNo. So I wonder is there easier way to do it. Because some visuals will have 10 or even 20 filters.

KCkIoYn.png

Hi @RandomText,

In Desktop, it is not supported to only show "filter on all pages". 

You could hide the whole filter pane and then sync slicers to implement filter on all pages. 

Sync and use slicers on other pages 

3.PNG

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I know that. We just don't use all filters as slicers to make reports look nice. But we will reconsider now.

So all questions are answered, just one more about app access. Because it's not possible to restrict access in app to certain users, is it possible to publish report to workspace and use same report and datasets in multiple apps?

Because if we will create for example 3 apps (all reports, sale reports, purchase reports) and give access to specific users we will need to publish same report 3 times. And if we change something in report we need to publish again to all those 3 workspaces?

@RandomText as mentioned previously, currently there is one app per workspace and you cannot set permission based on the use on an app. 

The current solution is to create separate reports (use the same one data model) and publish it to the respective workspace (purchase, sales, finance) and then create an app for each workspace and give permission to the respective user group. There is no other method to achieve that you have one workspace with one app and give permission to the specific page on the app, it is all or nothing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.