Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

wotkara
Frequent Visitor

model view relationships

Good evening, I am new to this but trying to learn. This Community has been super helpful to me. Here is my model view. When I use "Office Location Lookup - Office Code" to slice the page, it will filter information in the Employee table, customer table and DT Data. It will not slice any information coming from inventory lookup. Office Location and inventory lookup have common fields. What am I doing wrong please?

wotkara_0-1715221607502.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wotkara ,

Please try below steps:

1. Check Relationship Configuration: Ensure that there is an active relationship between the "Office Location Lookup" table and the "Inventory Lookup" table. The relationship should be correctly defined with appropriate cardinality and cross-filter direction.

2. Verify Slicer Configuration: Make sure the slicer is correctly set up to filter through the related tables. If the slicer is based on a column from the "Office Location Lookup" table, it should ideally filter any table that is directly or indirectly related to it, assuming the relationships are correctly set up.

3. Review Relationship Behavior: Understand that slicers work by applying filters through relationships. If the relationship between "Office Location Lookup" and "Inventory Lookup" is not active or is set as inactive due to multiple relationships, it might not filter as expected.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have followed the steps above and cannot get the table to filter by location. I have my page setup for the slicer to interact with all tables. I have tried changing the relationships many different ways. Any tips on how to I can work thru the model to get how I want it? I've tried deleting all relationships and adding 1 by 1 back on to see where it breaks. I've tried filtering both ways, filtering one way, changing from one to many and many to many. I cannot figure out how to relate the tables. 

wotkara_0-1715656133247.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.