Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Aashi_09

longitude and lattitude origin not showing on icon map

I'm having trouble getting the Icon Map to populate the longitude and latitude coordinates for the vehicle origin and destination.

I have converted the coordinates to Decimal Number fromat and Lat and Long format as well but still does not populate.

My goal is to have the lines drawn between origin and destination showing the different routes from places.

There is lattitude and longitude column and geojson has also been plotted as zones, so i have to show the points of origin and destination with in that zone.

I am new to power Bi. Please help.

Thank You. 

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aashi_09 ,

@lbendlin , thanks for your concern about this case. I tried to create a sample data myself based on the user's requirement and implemented the result. Please check if there is anything that can be improved. Here is my solution: 

1. Please make sure your power bi desktop is the latest version, if you use a previous version, unexpected errors similar to the one shown below will occur. Download: Download Microsoft Power BI Desktop from Official Microsoft Download Center.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715670943142.png

2. category and size are required fields, please use the corresponding fields to fill in. It is also worth noting that the longitude and latitude fields need to be aggregated in the same way, e.g. longitude is aggregated using sum and latitude is also aggregated using sum. More details can be found in the pbix annex.

vkaiyuemsft_1-1715670959903.png

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.