Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

baumad2

kpi calculations

I am trying to create a KPI which shows the scores for a Work Variance, by customer and project.  I have been successful in creating a goal (10% variance and under), however, the indicator, though set to show an average, is showing a calculation I cannot justify or understand.  

For example, for a particular customer, I have 6 projects.  The scores are: 0.000573, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0.01543.  The average is 0.6693.  However, the KPI shows the score as 0.02. Is it just reading the last score, alphabetically by project name?

I verified the data it was reading by exporting to excel.  I have tried recreating the KPI, by changing the order in which I add the indicator, trend and targets.  Is there not a way to show a cumulative score for a group of projects, based on the applied filters?  I tried changing the indicator to sum, average, median, etc, but nothing reflects a relevant score. 

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated!

Here are screen shots of the data & settings:

KPIChart.jpgkpiData.jpgkpiSettings.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@baumad2, does @chrisu's solution work for you?

If you use @chrisu's solution, the KPI will no longer show a trend line. What @baumad2 really needs is two seperate charts - a trend line chart, and a chart for the cummulative calculation.

chrisu
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

This has been my experience with the KPI visual as well--it seems to be designed to show a trend showing the last/most recent data point, which in your case is Project F.  I haven't tested this, but I'm thinking you could override the filtering by project by adding another measure with an ALL, like this:

AvgMerWorkVar = CALCULATE(AVERAGEA([MerWorkVar]), ALL([Project]))

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.