Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

makcim392
Advocate I
Advocate I

is there a way to disable all interactions at once?

Hi,

I have many matrices overlayed between each other for a report. In this page, the user shouldn't be able to click any of them.

Is there a way to do it at once, instead of doing it manually one by one?

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Andrew_Akester
Regular Visitor

I found that even if I changed the default behaviour, as soon as I deployed to the service, it reverted back to the interactions still being in place.

My solution was simply to add a rectangle which covers the entire page (except my navigation buttons) thereby preventing any clicks whatsoever.  Just turn the fill and border off and ensure it's right at the top of the Layer Order.

This will not work for me.  I do require interactions just between one or two visuals.  But it is such a pain in the ass to have to manually disable every other interaction when there are many objects on the page, including hidden objects that are only visible when a specific bookmark is activated. I also have objects with fill or border colors that are determined by measures which return different values depending on what's currently filtered.  I really do need an option to disable all interactions, so that I can then enable just the specific ones I want.

ashish1995

Hi @makcim392 ,

There is a way to disable all the interaction between all visuals from Power BI desktop.

Go to File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Under Current File (Scroll up) and find Query reduction -> Enable Disabling cross highlighting/filtering by default

Hope this helps! 🙂

I was curious and modified that configuration and then I didn't remember how to restore it, thanks

You're a godsend. Thank you! It saved me so much time building my report for my dep.

Ghassan_Alrajeh

Hello there, I had the same problem, if you choose the long way to solve this problem you have to select each visual and then edit the interaction to all other visuals one by one, then you have to select another visual and repeat the process.

There is a workaround to speed this up a little bit, which is by changing the default behaviour to no interactions. While this will not change the behaviour of all existing visuals; but by coping and pasting same visual you can have new one with no interaction applied to all other visuals, and you can then delete the old visual.

You can change the default behaviour by going to File >> options and settings >> Options >> Query Reduction, and then find the setting “Disabling cross highlighting/filtering by default “and activate it.

Same principle can be applied to change cross highlighting to cross filtering for all visuals, but the default behaviour for cross filtering can be activating by going to File >> options and settings >> Options >> >> Report Settings, Find the “change default visual interaction from cross highlighting to cross filtering” and activate it.

Setting the defalt behavior to no interactions doesn't work.  I followed your steps and set the options for query reduction to "Disabling cross highlighting/filtering by default" and then added a new slicer to the page, clicked on "interactions" and that slicer is still interacting with all visuals.  I need to disable interactions with all visuals on the page without having to click on every single one. So that I can then apply the interaction to just the one visual I want the slicer to interact with.

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @makcim392 ,

Not very sure what you mean "the user shouldn't be able to click any of them", are you want to disable +/- button?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

What I meant was disabling interactions between visualizations, between every visualization in the same page.

Hi @makcim392 ,

Unfortunately, there's no such option to disable all interactions at once currently. Someone have submitted a same idea, you could vote for the idea below.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/37336966-option-to-remove-all-int...

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.