Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bwang2
Helper I
Helper I

is there a quicker way to duplicate Custom Measures?

I have multiple PowerBI files, they share some data from the same data source, and have their own data and measures. I wish to combine these files. One major issue I have is to duplicate all the Custom Measures from one file to the combined files. Besides manually copy and pastes each Custom Measure one by one, is there a quicker way to accomplish this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Yes. Using tabular editor you can simply copy paste all measures from one file to the other file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yifanw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bwang2 ,
Based on the information you provided, you could try saving one of the PBIX files as a template file (.pbit). Rename the template file to a zip file (.zip) and extract it. Use a text editor to open the data model schema file (.xml). Cut or copy the quantity values from the original table and paste them into a new table in the XML file. Save and close the XML file, then copy it back to the zip file. Rename the zip file back to the template file. Open the modified template file using Power BI. Verify that the metrics have been copied into the new table and repair any broken references.

Best Regards,

Ada Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@bwang2 , Try the Suggestion from @_AAndrade  first. You can also use ALM toolkit to compare and merge files

How to ALM toolkit to merge Power BI files/Meta: https://youtu.be/lio62VRkOnc

Thanks, but ALM toolkit is not allowed by our administer, any other alternative to merge files?

_AAndrade
Super User
Super User

Yes. Using tabular editor you can simply copy paste all measures from one file to the other file.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are welcome.

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.