Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ilcaa72
Helper IV
Helper IV

if Min date then 0

i am substracting the current value from previous months value with this formula (it seems like its working, even though the table doesnt display the diff but the card does)  BUT for the First date, it shows the entire value (see card below 97.89), i would rather just set it to Zero if the date is the minimal date then "0".

I am having trouble structuring this part of the DAX... if current date = Min(date) then 0.

Diff = 
SUMX(MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate])   - 
CALCULATE(SUMX (MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate]), PREVIOUSMONTH(MatchRate[Date]))

pBI date order.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ilcaa72

I made this, in my example works very well according to your requeriments, try it, and if doesn't work, I can work on another formula.

DIFF =
VAR Minimun_Date =
CALCULATE ( MIN ( Date[Date] ), ALLSELECTED ( Date[Date] ) )
VAR Date_to_Compare =
MIN ( Date[Date] )
RETURN
IF (
Date_to_Compare = Minimun_Date,
SUMX ( MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate] )
- CALCULATE (
SUMX ( MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate] ),
PREVIOUSMONTH ( MatchRate[Date] )
)
)

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ilcaa72

I made this, in my example works very well according to your requeriments, try it, and if doesn't work, I can work on another formula.

DIFF =
VAR Minimun_Date =
CALCULATE ( MIN ( Date[Date] ), ALLSELECTED ( Date[Date] ) )
VAR Date_to_Compare =
MIN ( Date[Date] )
RETURN
IF (
Date_to_Compare = Minimun_Date,
SUMX ( MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate] )
- CALCULATE (
SUMX ( MatchRate, MatchRate[Rate] ),
PREVIOUSMONTH ( MatchRate[Date] )
)
)

Good Luck.

thanks Harrison. i implemented the solution, but the Column goes to 0 for all numbers and the card also to zero, no matter how I change the date filter... so i assume it is always returning TRUE for the variable comparison

for the 2 variables, the Date table/column should be the same as the formula date table/columns in SUMX below it..., correct?

VAR Minimun_Date = CALCULATE(MIN( MatchRate[Date]), ALLSELECTED ( MatchRate[Date] ))
VAR Date_to_Compare = MIN( MatchRate[Date] )

Diff = 
VAR Minimun_Date = CALCULATE(MIN(MatchRate[Date]), ALLSELECTED (MatchRate[Date])) 
VAR Date_to_Compare = MIN(MatchRate[Date])
RETURN
IF( Minimun_Date = Date_to_Compare,0,
SUMx(MatchRate, MatchRate[MatchedRate]) 
- CALCULATE(SUMx(MatchRate, MatchRate[MatchedRate]), 
			PREVIOUSMONTH(MatchRate[Date])))

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ilcaa72 What Date is the one you use on the slicer?

i changed the ALLSELECTED to ALL and it is working correctly (changed your forumula so i can mark as correct).. so thank you....

BUT how can i get the difference in my table, the end results is to place it in a line graph.  i know have all zeros.  (screenshot)  could my original formula be wrong? should I not use the SUMX()

pBI date order.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ilcaa72

I should work with the ALLSELECTED option, but in your case there's something important you are using the function "PREVIOUSMONTH" this is a time-intelligence function which works perfectly with a calendar table, so I encourage you to create a calendar table, maybe with that the the informations displayed will be the one you expected.

Capture.PNG

as you can see in my example works, but I'm using a normal SUM, I'm no using any time-intelligence function.

the same date as the table and in my original formula

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.