Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roi
Frequent Visitor

how to show time (in time format) in the value field

I started work at a customer service headquarters in a small town.
Some of the parameters we review are related to the phone service.
One of our parameters is the time employees talk on the phone (and there are many time related parameters), and the data base which i get the tata from present the the time in the format h: mm: ss.
When I put the this in every visual, it counts it and constantly displays the figure as one, rather than displaying the time.
I was looking for ways to solve this on the Internet, but unfortunately I was unable to display the correct shape. In my experience, Excel also has such a problem, but there I found two solutions to the problem (using the power query).
It is important to note that I am not familiar enough with the interface and im learning while working on the Internet, so I am also unfamiliar with DAX writing at this time.
Presenting the time in the right way is very important to the report because as I mentioned there are some parameters like this. 
thanks

10 REPLIES 10
saraMissBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @roi ,

Make sure you are selecting "Don't summarize" for your value. If I correctly understand the issue you described, then that should solve it.

Let us know if it is working or if not, please provide snapshots or more explanation to your issue.

Thank you,

i add pics of what im doing (how do you upload here a pbix file?) - its already on "dont sumarize" and it didnt help.

as you can see its counting the figure and not displaying the time format.

in matrix visual you can the see the time correctly.

1.png2.png3.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.

In between check that, in model view you have changed data type as time.

Thanks

how do i upload here a pbix file?

Hi,

Share the link from where i can download the PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Hi @roi ,

In order to share the file with us, please upload it to your onedrive, and then share the link here so we can help.

Thank you

My organization is not using one at this time.

@amitchandak  sent me this links but i didnt had time to read in depth

at this moment i just turned the time format into decimal number.
maybe youll find something in the links.
if any of you want the file i can send it your emails

thnks

Hi @roi,

I am not sure how you can upload a pbix file here...I do not see on the images you sent that you have "Don't Summarize" set for your value..Please see snapshot below

test.png

Could you please check again in your report?

Thank you,

in pic 1 that i send you can see in the data tab that the default summarization is dont summarize.

also in this pic you can see that when i click on the value there is no option for summarize like in your pic.

4.png

Hi @roi ,

Can you describe what you are trying to view using the chart? I see it is limiting your options to only the count.

Thank you,

Sara.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.