Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mpcarpenter
Helper I
Helper I

highlighting an organisation (dimension) across pages

I need to produce reports that compare different organisations. I’m having problems doing something I thought would be easy (it may well be – I’m a new user & just finding my feet). Most charts are sorted stacked column charts with organisations on the x-axis. I’d like to be able to highlight a particular organisation across all the charts in a report. Ideally this would be done automatically when someone logs using their ID, but it could be by making a selection on a landing page. I know how to put a dummy chart on a page to act as a selector just on that page, but that doesn't really do what I'm after. I did wonder if a "what if" parameter would help, but they only support numerical values they don't seem to work in added columns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mpcarpenter,

I don't think there is an option to do it in Power BI currently. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mpcarpenter,

I don't think there is an option to do it in Power BI currently. Here is a similar idea shared on Power BI Ideas forum. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.