cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

hiding columns in Matrix

Hi there,

Is it possible to hide columns and keep the total in a matrix. You can do something similar in SSRS by just adding a total at the end of the report.

In the image below, can I hide "Opportunity" in the matrix and keep the total?

Thank you

Capture.PNG 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I was able to solve the problem by turning off word wrap in the matrix setting and dragging the field I wanted to hide.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

There is no such an visibility option that supports to conditionally hide/show column in Matrix. One option is to hide or show the values in the column by creating measures, but column headers are still appeared even there is no data. Reference: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-i-hide-Column/td-p/110087

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Frank, isnt completely what am looking for but thats very close to it. Thanks once again 

Hi @Anonymous,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Frank,

I was able to solve the problem by turning off word wrap in the matrix setting and dragging the field I wanted to hide.

Capture.PNG

Hi,

I have similar situation-want to hard hightlighted in yellow color column. Want to see total. I try to follow your solution but lost. 

ABC11_0-1651088800917.png

under which categary I should go for "turning off word wrap " and dragging field

ABC11_2-1651089076745.png

Please

Thanks

Just a note to say thank you.  This solved a issue that was driving me insane

StuartSmith
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Nice little workaround with the hiding of the column. 👍  Helped me out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 23 2022 epsiode 5 without aka link.jpg

The Power BI Community Show

Welcome to the Power BI Community Show! Jeroen ter Heerdt talks about the importance of Data Modeling.

charticulator_carousel_with_text (1).png

Charticulator Design Challenge

Put your data visualization and design skills to the test! This exciting challenge is happening now through June10th!

Power BI Dev Camp Session 22 without aka link and time 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Watch Session 22 Ted's Dev Camp along with past sessions!

Power BI Release May 2022 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the May 2022 updates!

Top Kudoed Authors