Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jesscajasper

hide a line but have it show when you drill down

Hello,

I have a cluster bar chart with a line. Because of the values of the line chart I would like the line to only when someone drills into a specific part of the report. Is this possible?

E.g. I have the bar chart with domains then the line going across but when they drill into a specific domain the line changes based on what is showing. On the top part of the chart I would like to hide or not show the line but when they drill into the specific domain the line shows up.

Thanks

Jes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesscajasper,

You need to add a measure to be part of your line, for example if you have a date field and you add this measure:

Only Months = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Date].[Month]) > 1 ; BLANK(); SUM(Table1[Value])

The line will only appear when you drill down to the month level and not  on any other.

line.gif

You need to adapt the measure to your needs.

Regards,

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mco

Hi there,

I have tried this for a line on line and bar chart. I can't get it working. Where do you add the new measure? Totally new to power bi.

Thanks
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesscajasper,

You need to add a measure to be part of your line, for example if you have a date field and you add this measure:

Only Months = IF(DISTINCTCOUNT(Table1[Date].[Month]) > 1 ; BLANK(); SUM(Table1[Value])

The line will only appear when you drill down to the month level and not  on any other.

line.gif

You need to adapt the measure to your needs.

Regards,

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.