Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

file connected to shared data set data showing different data (0 and -1 instead of true False)

I have a shared data set containing a date Flag that I have created

FilterOK.JPG

this is how it looks in the shared data set. True and false

There is a report connected to this data set which has been working but now lots of visuals are failing which uses this flag as a filter

Its showing the following in the pbix file connected to the above shared data set

FlagIncorrect.JPG

Bearing in mind it was working and now its not

I dont understand how this is now not showing true or false like the underlying data set. what can I do to get this one resolved. Is this a bug? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No there was no data change in the shared data set

It was boolean and remained Boolean but in the report that connected to it it showed as 0 and -1. Ive had to republish the shared data set and refresh the pbix file connected to the data set and its settled again

Im seeing a lot of issues all coming from connecting to data sets. I have a feeling my users are going to want to go back to doing everything on 1 pbix file rather than useing data flows and creating shared datasets 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DebbieE  See if you get help from below

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/True-False-Filter-is-now-0-1/td-p/11182

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Appreciate your Kudos

Proud to be a Super User!

Follow me on linkedin

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DebbieE 

You can try changing the data type of the column to true/false. This can also help you.

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I dont think your quite understanding the issue

In the shared data set its true and false

In the data set connecting to the shared data set its 0 and -1

So the question was why was this showing 0 and -1 when the shared data set source was boolan. Im hoping this data refresh works but it would be good to know how any why this could happen

negi007
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DebbieE Sometime during data refresh, system can change the default data type. This could be the case here. I think if you change the data type, it should resolve your issue as below

True_False.png

Appreciate your Kudos

Follow me on linkedin

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@DebbieE , is data type change from boolean to the whole number?

No there was no data change in the shared data set

It was boolean and remained Boolean but in the report that connected to it it showed as 0 and -1. Ive had to republish the shared data set and refresh the pbix file connected to the data set and its settled again

Im seeing a lot of issues all coming from connecting to data sets. I have a feeling my users are going to want to go back to doing everything on 1 pbix file rather than useing data flows and creating shared datasets 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DebbieE  I'm also having issues with different data when connecting to a shared datasource

I have a simple dataset, and want to count appointments for next week by date and team. I also have a last refreshed date on the page.  The Power BI desktop file which uses a shared datasource is showing completely different data.  I have a table visualisation and it's completely missing data for the entire first week of August!  When I recreate the visualisation in the datasource, it shows correctly with data for all of next week.

I don't get it.  Surely it should just show what's in your datasource? 

I have a feeling that this whole connecting to shared datasets needs to improve. Ive had so many issues. Which doesnt help my cause for trying to change the hearts and mins of users who dont understand why they cant just connect to the data source and do everything in their own pbix file

It did resolve my doing a full refresh and republish of the shared dataset and then a full refresh and republish of the pbix file using the data set but I dont like now knowing why it happened

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.