Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

kwilson
Regular Visitor

drill through filters

Is it possible to have a date range on a drillthrough filter.  I have a report and added the drillthrough filters.  The drill through filters work fine and when I right-click and choose drill through it takes me to the correct report.   However, on a column of dates, I would like to be able to choose a date range instead of just one date.  Is this possible?  If so, how would I do that.  I don't want to use month or year.  I want the user to be able to just choose particular dates.  On the main report I have a date range slicer and set that for a range.  The drill through filter doesn't recognize that slicer.  I have to choose the date in the table on that report page and I cannot grab a couple of dates.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The February version added a very long requested feature.  This is the ability to have a slicer on one page filter data on another page.

Check it out here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2018-feature-summary/#syncSlicers

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @kwilson

What version of Power BI Desktop are you using?  Have you played with the new Global report slicer setting?  This will allow you to use a slicer to control data on other pages.

What are the kind of date ranges you like to work with?  Another option is to create groupings in your tables.

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Power BI Desktop Version 2.55.5010.581.  Date Range could be a little as two days or as large as a month or two.   

Not sure what the "Global report slicer setting is?  I have to look that up.  

Thanks

The February version added a very long requested feature.  This is the ability to have a slicer on one page filter data on another page.

Check it out here

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-february-2018-feature-summary/#syncSlicers

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.