Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

netanetam123
Regular Visitor

date is not showing correctly in visual

Hi all,

In my data I have lot of fields with dates, all the dates in them are displayed correctly except 23.3.2018 which displayed as 22.3.2018.

Capture

The PBI display identifies it as a different day,  in the data it shows as 23.3.18 and in the hierarchy format it shows correctly allso:

Capture2

This problem appears in all dates fields i have

I would appreciate advice on how to fix this.
Thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Could you please share samples of dataset or Pbix file.

Regards,

Ravi

Hi,

Here is an pbix for example

Hi @netanetam123

I have made a test with your PBIX file with the latest version of Power BI(2.56.5023.942 64-bit (March 2018), everything works well.

Capture22.PNG

I suggest you could have a test with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. If you still have this issue, you could create a calendar table with the dax expression below to test if it will have this issue.

Table = CALENDAR(DATE(2018,3,1),DATE(2018,3,28))

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

I'm using the latest version of Power BI (the same as you).

I create a calendar table with the dax expression you suggest and its still have this issue 😕

I'm using the latest Power BI version but am also having a similar issue on dates.  However, I am accessing a tabular model.  The tabular model data as well as the database data looks fine.  It seems like it is a bug in Power BI itself

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Here it is working fine.Please look into it Pbix File

Please revert me back if you have any concern.

Regards,

Ravi

According to this solution, I will need to create a duplicate column fix date = FORMAT(**field**,"mm/dd/yy") for each field with date data.

It does not make sense...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not at all. i just showed you. If you work with your existing data and in modeling if you select data type as data and select mm/dd/yyyy then you dont have to create extra column for this.

It does not solve the problem:

Capture

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see here Pbix File and you can match with this snapshot.

capture.JPG

At your Pbix there's the same problem - look at the table in the left of the report, with dt field only.

The snapshot you took is from data tab but this problem happens at the report visual only.

barlevitzky
Helper II
Helper II

I am having the same issue, on the same dates

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.