Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

create matrix with multiple columns data

Hi, i am trying to create the summary table using matrix visualization. the data has multiple KPIs columns with values 0,1 and n/a. i want to create like below - KPI  A  B    C    D     E     F 0     20 22  17  40  12   30 1     7   11  3    14  6     11 n/a  4   2    4     4    5    6 i am able to create table with A,B,C,D,E,F columns with values but i dnt knw how to create first column "KPI" becasue this is common values across all sheet and how to map it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I create a sample pbix file for you, please check if it meets your needs.

matrix.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

image.png

might be table was not appearing correcting in intial post so sharing the pic if it helps. i am trying to create column 'KPI' need help there on how can i create this column so that column A to F can show values as per 0,1,n/a

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's your expected result? Whether the following one is what you want?

matrix.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am having excel data with multiple columns (like A-G) and 100 of rows. each column has values in the form of 0 ,1,n/a 

i am trying to create the matrix view to show the count of 0 , 1 and n/a for these columns

Hi @Anonymous ,

So the below screen shot is your expect result and the data marked with red circle is the count of KPI value(0,1 or N/A) per column(A-G)? Could you please provide the source data in excel file?

Count.JPG

If your source data is similar with table 1 in below screen shot, you can unpivot the columns A-F first. Then drag the fields onto Matrix visual( Rows: Value  Columns: Attribute  Values: Count of Value).

SOURCE.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure how to create first column with 0,1,n/a to show count  

i am attaching the picture as file attached options is not available here 

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please provide your excel file or sample PBIX file? Later we can help create the matrix based on your provided information. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

i can not see the attachment option here... do u knw how can i send the excel file to you

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can upload the related files to OneDrive for business, then share that link with me. Thank you.

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yiruan-msft ,

i am facing issue there in onedrive so sharing the data in google doc . i am actually looking for 2 visuals which i created in the google doc with just example data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rB9nbYQYgh9HDWlBRn9XrsYFan_0xyMmVCHNrJUUENk/edit?usp=sharing...

visual 1 -  showing the KPI count as per 1,0,n/a values

Visual 2 - showing KPI data in table for brand/market which should get updated as per KPI selection. its being difficult for me on how to create the KPI filter. i am able to create the table per KPI but not sure how should i create where all KPI data can be showing on checkbox selection.

Hi @Anonymous ,

I create a sample pbix file for you, please check if it meets your needs.

matrix.JPG

Best Regards

Rena

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is awesome , such a simple solution.  thanks a lot @v-yiruan-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.