Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

create group from a column matrix

Hello,

Let's see if someone can tell me what is the best way to do what I want, if it were possible of course.
I have the following matrix where I have a series of columns and measures added
The matrix has the months of the year as rows and operators as columns.
Firstly, I would like to separate the workers, since there are workers whose name should appear as a column, but there are others who I want to "join" in a group called management.
Later I would also like the measurements that are in the red rectangle not to appear for users (currently the column appears and I have it hidden manually).

apenaranda_0-1714647531828.png

apenaranda_1-1714647552691.png

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @apenaranda ,

I mean add a new table with these value fields name that you used use on matrix value field to the matrix column field, then write a measure formula to check the current name to redirect to different calculations.
You can also add if statement to check the matrix level and replace correspond parts to blank then matrix will hide them. (the auto hide feature will enable when whole row/column only existed blank value)
BTW, the matrix layout is auto fit based on each row contents, the height and weight of cells are based on initialization contents size which not able to be dynamic changes based.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @apenaranda ,

#1, Current it is not simple to directly edit the category to add new values, I'd like to suggest you extract the current matrix category field values and manually add the new custom category value to create a unconnected calculate table.

After these steps, you can use this field on matrix and write a more formal to look up and summary raw table values based on current category value.

Creating a “custom” or “hybrid” matrix in PowerBI - Microsoft Fabric Community

#2, You can do customize on the above measure formula to add some if statements to check if current is the 'total' level and replace the display result to blank. (power bi will auto hide the field which only exist blank values)

Clever Hierarchy Handling in DAX - SQLBI

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

The truth is that I have not understood very well what you are saying, but let's see if this is easier. Could it be that the measures "%gestion", "media n operators" and "mediaPick_operDia" are not added as a column to the user Fran?
When added as a column, even if you hide the column manually, the row remains very wide in height because it has data. (or so I think he does)
In the end what I would like is for the rows to not be so wide in height, for them to be just as I mark them in the screenshot.

apenaranda_0-1715066471604.png

thank you.

HI @apenaranda ,

I mean add a new table with these value fields name that you used use on matrix value field to the matrix column field, then write a measure formula to check the current name to redirect to different calculations.
You can also add if statement to check the matrix level and replace correspond parts to blank then matrix will hide them. (the auto hide feature will enable when whole row/column only existed blank value)
BTW, the matrix layout is auto fit based on each row contents, the height and weight of cells are based on initialization contents size which not able to be dynamic changes based.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.