Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Muzda
Frequent Visitor

constant average line in a line chart

Hi,

I have a little problem. How to put constant average line for the last 3 months, 6 months and a year (separately) in a line chart that shows no of users((y-axis) ) per day(x-axis) and month as a legend. I have already calculated the measure of those averages but when I try to drag them in a line chart, it doesn't work.They sit in Tooltips instead of Value, even if I force them to be in Values. Untill I removed the month in a legend fields, which I don't want to do. 

Any help to solve this?

I want those constant lines to be shown as in this figure 👇

Muzda_2-1633676176986.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Try to add Average Line with measure that you created. Hope it will solve this,

Regards,

Nidhya

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried but it didnt work. It work only when I put constant value.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Muzda , In the new version analytics pane, the constant line has the option to use a measure using fx.

See if that can help

Hi, 

Thank you so much for the answer. I have tried to put measure but it does not seem to work . If I put constant number it takes the number but when I use fx it doesn't.

So the problem still persist.

Hi,

Can you share the download link of your PBI file.  Please show the problem there clearly.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.