Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

william117
Frequent Visitor

column with values ​​in rows with related

A way to create a new column that contains the values ​​that are with the same movement id and name id, I already used Dax I still can't find a way. please help me.
I leave the example.
table AAA

william117_0-1633125223103.png

It is a comparison of purchases when it was sold, but the table is saved in a single movement in the same table, I need to compare them but when I make two tables to compare account_id in and out, it does not show the data correctly. I need to compare them. but everything is in the same table and separating them was not the best idea.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @william117,

I think you can do these operations in 'query editor' with 'group', 'fill' and 'replace value' functions:

Result:

4.png

Full query:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjFT0lEyBGEDQ10QXVCUn1KaXAJmmwKxgVKsDrIyQwNdIyRlRmCtqOqMcBgHUmZoiqYOi3kgdcZQ88xh9pqiqMvXNQWrQlhsDjMQq0Kw1WZKsbEA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"move _id" = _t, account_id = _t, #"name id" = _t, name = _t, #"in" = _t, out = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"move _id", Int64.Type}, {"account_id", Int64.Type}, {"name id", type text}, {"name", type text}, {"in", Int64.Type}, {"out", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"move _id", "name id", "name"}, {{"Contents", each Table.ReplaceValue(Table.FillUp(Table.AddColumn(_, "Custom", each if [out] <> 0 then [out] else null),{"Custom"}),each [Custom],each if [Custom]= [out] then 0 else [Custom],Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Custom"}), type table}}),
    #"Expanded Contents" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Contents", {"account_id", "in", "out", "Custom"}, {"account_id", "in", "out", "Custom"})
in
    #"Expanded Contents"

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @william117,

I think you can do these operations in 'query editor' with 'group', 'fill' and 'replace value' functions:

Result:

4.png

Full query:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMjFT0lEyBGEDQ10QXVCUn1KaXAJmmwKxgVKsDrIyQwNdIyRlRmCtqOqMcBgHUmZoiqYOi3kgdcZQ88xh9pqiqMvXNQWrQlhsDjMQq0Kw1WZKsbEA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"move _id" = _t, account_id = _t, #"name id" = _t, name = _t, #"in" = _t, out = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"move _id", Int64.Type}, {"account_id", Int64.Type}, {"name id", type text}, {"name", type text}, {"in", Int64.Type}, {"out", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"move _id", "name id", "name"}, {{"Contents", each Table.ReplaceValue(Table.FillUp(Table.AddColumn(_, "Custom", each if [out] <> 0 then [out] else null),{"Custom"}),each [Custom],each if [Custom]= [out] then 0 else [Custom],Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Custom"}), type table}}),
    #"Expanded Contents" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Contents", {"account_id", "in", "out", "Custom"}, {"account_id", "in", "out", "Custom"})
in
    #"Expanded Contents"

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
KNP
Super User
Super User

Hi @william117,

You may need to take a little more time to explain the scenario and provide some data.

Can I suggest this post from @Greg_Deckler

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523#M6071... 

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.