Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kayla_Xue

column value filter

Hi everyone,

I am new to PowerBI. I am trying to create two filters to allow the chart to switch between top2 shares and top3 shares value. I am currently have charts below with top 2 shares as 'value'. I created top 2 and top3 shares as measuremnet value. how do I custom the data to make the charts to be able to switch back and force between top 2 and top3 share value? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Kayla_Xue ,

I created a sample. You could reference it to have a try. Please follow the steps.

• Create a new irrelated table manually and use the column as a slicer.

3.PNG

• Create a measure and drag it into the chart.

Measure = 
var a = SELECTEDVALUE('Filter Table'[Column1])
return
IF(ISFILTERED('Filter Table'[Column1]),IF(a= "Top 2",[Top 2],[Top 3]),BLANK())

4.PNG5.PNG

Note:  The measures of "Top 2" and "Top 3" are just sample. They are not really top values. Please change them to your own measures.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kayla_Xue

this is the chart in case you guys cant see it

chart.PNG

Hi @Kayla_Xue ,

I created a sample. You could reference it to have a try. Please follow the steps.

• Create a new irrelated table manually and use the column as a slicer.

3.PNG

• Create a measure and drag it into the chart.

Measure = 
var a = SELECTEDVALUE('Filter Table'[Column1])
return
IF(ISFILTERED('Filter Table'[Column1]),IF(a= "Top 2",[Top 2],[Top 3]),BLANK())

4.PNG5.PNG

Note:  The measures of "Top 2" and "Top 3" are just sample. They are not really top values. Please change them to your own measures.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.