Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

akhaliq7
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

changing a 1:1 to a 1:*

I have two queries were I have a one to one relationship because in my second query my query folding breaks (due to a group by) and I don't want to do a left  join to my main fact table. So I am sticking with my one:one relationship but can someone explain in a table visualization when I was using columns from both tables the table visualization was kind of doing a full outer join so to fix this I manually changed the relationship to a many:1 and changed filter direction to single. Is this ok practice to follow or should it be avoided?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I manually change most of 1:1 to 1:* relationships (unless I'm certain 1:* won't happen in the future)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

I manually change most of 1:1 to 1:* relationships (unless I'm certain 1:* won't happen in the future)

Paul on Linkedin.

thanks it's the first time I'm changing the relationships manually that's why was a bit nervous about break something. 

It won't break anything, but while you're at it, make sure the relationship is also set to single direction!

Paul on Linkedin.

that's fine thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.