Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jppuam
Helper V
Helper V

bring field from 3rd table

Hello,

i need to create a calculatedtable with data that is from 3 tables, like the picture below.

i have 2 tables connected through the dates table, and other (tax) connected to payments table.

what i need is :

OBJ_ID (from invoices), taxA, taxB and the values that they have on the Tax table ? How can i do this ?

thanks,

JPimage1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have used a similar structure to the one you have given. Can you see if the calculate table sample I provided in my earlier message helps? 

moizsherwani_0-1631960424293.png

moizsherwani_1-1631960511429.png

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jppuam
Helper V
Helper V

image1.jpg

thank you guys, Meanwhile, i've upload the imagem with the relatioships.

daxeralmighty, you're right, but my sources are in excel files, and thats how they arrive to me..

I've the OBJ_ID that are in the invoices table.

than i've to match in payments table, those who are in the invoices.

and i want to bring, for each row (that exists in invoices and payments table) the 2 Tax (A and B) with the corresponding values.

thanks for the help,

JP

Seeing you have a 1:* relationship between the payments and tax table, you can keep that relationship. Just create a Dimension table for Obj_ID and link to Payments and Invoices in a 1:* relationship between the dimension table and payments  and invoices table. Then just create the visual using the fields from the Dimension Obj_ID and/or the date table. You can then add fields from the invoices, payments and tax tables in you visuals

you can create the Obj-ID dimension table using the following DAX in a new table:

Dim Obj_ID =
VAR Inv = VALUES ( Invoices[Obj-ID])

Var Paym = VALUES (Payments[Obj_Id])

RETURN

DISTINCT(UNION(Inv, Paym))

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I have used a similar structure to the one you have given. Can you see if the calculate table sample I provided in my earlier message helps? 

moizsherwani_0-1631960424293.png

moizsherwani_1-1631960511429.png

Thanks,

Moiz
Was I able to answer your question? Mark my post as a solution to help others. Kudos if you liked the solution.
moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I agree with the users that the schema seems to be incorrect. But for what it's worth the following will get you the result (Note: it may not be the most efficient method since more details about the tables are required)

CalTable =
ADDCOLUMNS (
    Invoices,
    "TAX_A", LOOKUPVALUE ( Tax[TaxA], Tax[ObjID], Invoices[ObjID] ),
    "TAX_B", LOOKUPVALUE ( Tax[TaxB], Tax[ObjID], Invoices[ObjID] )
)

Thanks,

Moiz
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Create a dimension table with unique values for Obj_ID, delete the relationship between payments and tax tables, and create a one-to-many relationship between the Dim OBj and the three fact tables.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The schema is at least incomplete. We don't know what kind of relationships there are between the tables, what the Date dimension points to in the related tables and why there's no relationship between the Invoice dimension and the Payments fact table. Because of the latter, the schema seems to be incorrect.

moizsherwani
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can you please tell me why the same "Date" table needs to be connected to the Invoice and Payments table?

Also is the relationship between Payments and Tax 1:1 or 1:*?

Thanks,

Moiz

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.